Do you know where this artwork is?

This 10 metre long x 2.5 metre high glazed, ceramic tiled wall mural by Melbourne artist Tom Sanders (1925-) was created in 1971 to celebrate the opening of the Perth Concert Hall.

2013 is the 40th Anniversary of the Perth Concert Hall, which is managed by the Perth Theatre Trust. The City of Perth owns the building and manages the car park, and the State Government owns the land. .A small display about the Concert Hall can be seen in the foyer of Council House for the next three months.

• Wall mural 3 - photograph by Jo Darbyshire
  • Wall mural 2 - photograph by Jo Darbyshire

3 thoughts on “Do you know where this artwork is?

1. I have original menu bound in red velvet and wine list in vinyl folder from opening of Perth Concert Hall in 1970’s. Also menu for Celebration Dinner 12/08/1970 for Foundation of the City of Perth 12/08/1829. I think it was also the invitation or placecard as ‘Dr H.S. Williams’ is printed on the front.
    Are you interested in these items for your collection?

2. Hi there,

i saw this artwork on the wall of Melbourne uni the other day and wasdoing a bit of research about it.. it s signed by tom sanders in 1971 but i saw somewhere that olsen was also mentioned..

Leo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>